Article scraper is Datacol-based module, which implements article directory content extraction. In our example data are saved to xlsx file. You can also adjust Datacol export settings to publish content to database, website (WordPress, DLE, Joomla) etc.
Main advantages of Datacol-based article scraper are listed below:
Step by Step test of article scraper
To test article extractor:
1. Install Datacol trial version;
2. Choose content-parsers/articles-extractor.par in the campaign tree and click Start button to launch article extractor campaign.
Before launching content-parsers/articles-extractor.par you can adjust the Input data. Select the campaign in the campaign tree for this purpose. In this way you can setup links to article directory categories you need to extract data from.
Please contact us if the article extractor will not collect data after you have made changes to the Starting URL list.
3. Wait for data extraction results to appear. When you see the first results, you can force running campaign to stop (click Stop button).
4. After campaign is finished/stopped you can find articles-extractor.xlsx file in Documents folder.
Datacol Trial VS Activated
|Feature||Trial||License (Full version)|
|Preset default configuration for data extraction|
|Maximum data extraction results|
|Free software updates|
|Free email tech support|
|Paid skype+teamviewer consultations|
If the source website blocks your IP-address (after blocking you will get no more extraction results), use proxy.
Data processing options for content, collected by article extractor:
Data export options for content, collected by article extractor:
- Basic: CSV/TXT/Database/Excel;
- Online stores: Magento/PrestaShop/osCommerce/OpenCart/ZENCart/VirtueMart;
- Content CMS: WordPress/Joomla/DLE;
- All options.
If you have any questions, related to article extractor, please ask via the contact form.