Craiglist crawler is Datacol-based module, which implements craigslist classifieds extraction. After classifieds are extracted they are saved to xlsx file. Result data can be also exported to TXT, database or other Datacol-supported formats (Wordress, Joomla, DLE etc).
Main advantages of Datacol-based Craiglist crawler are listed below:
Step by Step test of Craiglist crawler
To test Craiglist extractor:
1. Install Datacol trial version;
2. Choose ad-parsers/craiglist.org.par in the campaign tree and click Start button to launch Craiglist extractor campaign.
Before launching ad-parsers/craiglist.org.par you can adjust the Input data. Select the campaign in the campaign tree for this purpose. In this way you can setup links to classifieds categories you need to extract data from.
Please contact us if the Craiglist crawler will not collect data after you have made changes to the Starting URL list.
3. Wait for data extraction results to appear. When you see the first results, you can force running campaign to stop (click Stop button).
4. After campaign is finished/stopped you can find craiglist.org.xlsx file in Documents folder.
Datacol Trial VS Activated
|Feature||Trial||License (Full version)|
|Preset default configuration for data extraction|
|Maximum data extraction results|
|Free software updates|
|Free email tech support|
|Paid skype+teamviewer consultations|
If the source website blocks your IP-address (after blocking you will get no more extraction results), use proxy.
Data processing options for information, collected by Craiglist extractor:
Data export options for information, collected by Craiglist extractor:
- Basic: CSV/TXT/Database/Excel;
- Online stores: Magento/PrestaShop/osCommerce/OpenCart/ZENCart/VirtueMart;
- Content CMS: WordPress/Joomla/DLE;
- All options.
If you have any questions, related to Craiglist extractor, please ask via the contact form.