RSS extractor is Datacol-based module, which implements RSS feeds content extraction. In our example harvested data are saved to xlsx file. You can also adjust Datacol settings to publish data to other file formats (TXT as example), CMS (Joomla, WordPress, DLE), Mysql database etc.
Main advantages of Datacol-based RSS extractor are listed below:
- You can test RSS extractor before purchasing it. The test will take less than 5 minutes!
- You can readjust RSS extractor (on your own or request our paid help).
- You can automatically translate extracted data and export/publish them to file/CMS/database or send via SMS/email.
[tab name=”Test NOW!”]
Step by Step test of RSS extractor
To test RSS extractor:
1. Install Datacol trial version;
2. Choose content-parsers/rss-extractor.par in the campaign tree and click Start button to launch RSS extractor campaign.
Before launching content-parsers/rss-extractor.par you can adjust the Input data. Select the campaign in the campaign tree for this purpose. In this way you can setup feed links to extract data from.
Please contact us if the RSS extractor will not collect data after you have made changes to the Starting URL list.
3. Wait for data extraction results to appear. When you see the first results, you can force running campaign to stop (click Stop button).
4. After campaign is finished/stopped you can find rss-extractor.xlsx file in Documents folder.
Datacol Trial VS Activated
|Feature||Trial||License (Full version)|
|Preset default configuration for data extraction|
|Maximum data extraction results|
|Free software updates|
|Free email tech support|
|Paid skype+teamviewer consultations|
[spoiler show=”What if the RSS extractor is blocked (banned) by the source website?” hide=”What if the RSS extractor is blocked (banned) by the source website?”]
If the source website blocks your IP-address (after blocking you will get no more extraction results), use proxy.
[tab name=”Data processing and Export”]
Data processing options for information, collected by RSS extractor:
Data export options for information, collected by RSS extractor:
- Basic: CSV/TXT/Database/Excel;
- Online stores: Magento/PrestaShop/osCommerce/OpenCart/ZENCart/VirtueMart;
- Content CMS: WordPress/Joomla/DLE;
- All options.
[tab name=”Ask your question!”]
If you have any questions, related to RSS extractor, please ask via the contact form.