Metadata extractor is Datacol-based module, collecting metadata information (title, description, keywords, headers) from provided website list. Most often data are saved to xlsx file. You may also change Datacol export settings to publish metadata information to other file formats, database and popular content management systems (Joomla, DLE, WordPress) etc.
Main advantages of Datacol-based metadata extractor are listed below:
Step by Step test of metadata extractor
To test metadata extractor:
1. Install Datacol trial version;
2. Choose seo-parsers/metadata-extractor.par in the campaign tree and click Start button to launch metadata extractor campaign.
Before launching seo-parsers/metadata-extractor.par you can adjust the Input data. Select the campaign in the campaign tree for this purpose. In this way you can setup website list to extract metadata from.
Please contact us if the metadata extractor will not collect data after you have made changes to the Starting URL list.
3. Wait for data extraction results to appear. When you see the first results, you can force running campaign to stop (click Stop button).
4. After campaign is finished/stopped you can find metadata-extractor.xlsx file in Documents folder.
Datacol Trial VS Activated
|Feature||Trial||License (Full version)|
|Preset default configuration for data extraction|
|Maximum data extraction results|
|Free software updates|
|Free email tech support|
|Paid skype+teamviewer consultations|
If the source website blocks your IP-address (after blocking you will get no more extraction results), use proxy.
Data processing options for content, collected by metadata extractor:
Data export options for content, collected by metadata extractor:
- Basic: CSV/TXT/Database/Excel;
- Online stores: Magento/PrestaShop/osCommerce/OpenCart/ZENCart/VirtueMart;
- Content CMS: WordPress/Joomla/DLE;
- All options.
If you have any questions, related to metadata extractor, please ask via the contact form.