Magento extractor is Datacol-based module, which implements automatic data extraction from certain internet shop. Extracted data are saved to CSV file, which can be imported to Magento-based online store. You can also adjust Datacol export settings to save data to other CMS (PrestaShop, Oscommerce, Opencart etc.), file formats, database etc.
Main advantages of Datacol-based Magento extractor are listed below:
Step by Step test of Magento extractor
To test Magento extractor:
1. Install Datacol trial version;
2. Choose exporters/magento-extractor.par in the campaign tree and click Start button to launch Magento extractor campaign.
Before launching you can open exporters/magento-extractor.par settings (double click it in the campaign tree) and adjust Starting URL list. In this way you can setup links to certain online shop categories you need to extract items from.
3. Wait for data extraction results to appear. When you see the first results, you can force running campaign to stop (click Stop button).
4. (Just in case Datacol is activated!!!) After campaign is finished/stopped you can find magento-extractor.csv file in Documents folder.
How to save Magento extraction results in Datacol Trial version
You can also save Magento parsing results to CSV file In Datacol Trial version. Open the campaign settings window and launch Export test. To enable data export for the running campaign Activation is needed!
Datacol Trial VS Activated
|One webpage data extraction results export (file/CMS/database/email/SMS) in the testing mode|
|Mass data extraction results export (file/CMS/database/email/SMS) in the running mode|
|Paid consultations on the Datacol setting process|
If the source website blocks your IP-address (after blocking you will get no more extraction results), use proxy.
Data processing options for content, harvested by Magento extractor:
Data export options for content, harvested by Magento extractor:
- Basic: CSV/TXT/Database/Excel;
- Online stores: Magento/PrestaShop/osCommerce/OpenCart/ZENCart/VirtueMart;
- Content CMS: WordPress/Joomla/DLE;
- All options.
If you have any questions, related to Magento extractor, please ask via the contact form.